View Single Post
Old 05-20-09, 03:23 PM   #26
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Default Re: Visual Studio 2008 & .NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_of_doom227 View Post
It's programming, cause it's programming language. Makes me believe that you actually don't know programming. VB in VB.NET is at version 9 and i can tell you that C# is not any better.
VB.NET does not have lamda expressions in it, where C# does. Without lamdas, LINQ losses a lot of its power and compactedness.

Its syntax is also clunky and often backwards and inconsistent across the language compared to other languages. Ternary(sp? (string1 == null)? "blank" : string1 operations are messy compared to whats in C#.

Most of the time they will compile down to the same in the CLR, but sometimes VB aps will have additional VB6 libraries loaded to cover some of the VB functionality where C# won't.

Mostly C# vs VB.NET is a religious thing amongst .NET devs, but C# syntax will be more transferable to other languages than VB will.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote