Currently I'm using 8400GS cards, which (still) have the performance issue. While the driver is getting better compared to last year version, but compiz animation still jerky and stutter specially if I have more than 3 or 4 windows opened. I've tried using all suggestion in any thread I can found (something like adjusting the PixmapCacheRoundSize, nopat, xorg.conf), but still no go.
Well... after years waiting for the “perfect” driver, now I give up and consider downgrading my 8400GS to 7xxx series card, possibly the 7200GS or 7300GS (it cost about $23-25 in my country).
Before I buy this cards, I need suggestion and input from you, because, I don't want to have the same experience as with the 8400GS
. I have some questions about 7200GS/7300GS:
- Do these cards support 1680x1050 resolution?
- Do these cards have same performance issue as the 8xxx series?
- Do these cards have any existing problems?
- Do these cards able to run compiz's effects smoothly?
- Do these cards able to run compiz's blur effect smoothly?
- Do these cards able to run Warcraft TFT? (I only play DotA, occasionally )
These is my rig specs:
- Q6600 @2.4Ghz
- Intel DP35DP
- 4GB DDR2
I appreciate your time giving any input and suggestion. Thank you.