View Single Post
Old 06-05-09, 10:24 AM   #5
a12ctic

Default Re: Windows 7 and Microsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toss3 View Post
ROFL

I can't say I agree with you A12ctic as windows 7 is pretty much Windows Vista in a different disguise, I mean it doesn't bring anything new to the table and it appears as if microsoft is once again catering for the mainstream crowd before the enthusiasts(can't stop windows from installing wdm drivers for my hardware). They've also removed the option of installing your own codecs on the OS and the ridiculous amount of windows Updates speaks for itself.

Windows 7 is by no means a bad OS and is one of best out-of-the-box stable Windows:es ever, but I just fail to see how they've catered to the enthusiasts by removing options and simplifying the whole thing.
I guess I'm just not used to MS products feeling so complete and smooth. The desktop experience is just so much more fluid than anything pre-W7.

That being said, I still believe in the philosophy behind Linux. Its just nice to be able to play games and not completely dread using Windows while my rig is still pretty capable. Hopefully by the time it starts to get dated the ATI open source drivers will be further along then they are now.