View Single Post
Old 06-06-09, 10:40 AM   #15
t3hl33td4rg0n
Dethklok Returns!

Send a message via AIM to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via MSN to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via Yahoo to t3hl33td4rg0n
Default Re: I hate my broadband company

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku View Post
Aside from the bandwidth cap, I can't complain too much about Comcast. Their Internet service is fast, and in the three years I've had it, I can count the number of times it's gone down on one hand. Their digital cable is good quality, too, though it's a pain in the rear because you can't record more than two shows at once, and the cable box's hard drive is on the small side. We've contemplated switching to AT&T since you can record four shows at once. However, you need a receiver for each TV (which naturally costs more). In addition, once you add in an Internet package of comparable speed, there's no cost savings.

With the stranglehold Comcast and AT&T have in the Chicago area, I doubt we'll see Verizon FIOS any time soon, if ever.
You should consider yourself lucky, the comcast chicago market is one of the few places going DOCSIS 3.0. Here in roadrunner land they won't even go docsis 2.0 and were paying more for less, even moreso we don't usually get the provisioned speeds.

Cox San Diego (DOCSIS 2.0): $56.95/month @ 20/1.5
Comcast Atlanta (DOCSIS 3.0): $62.95/month @ 22/5
Time Warner Akron (DOCSIS 1.0): $56.95/month @ 15/1

Intel QX9650 @ 3.83GHzXFX 780ieVGA GTX 560Ti8GB GSkill DDR800Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-ESeagate 1.5TB . 4x Samsung 2TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
....it's so clear how government makes things worse not better...
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote