View Single Post
Old 06-09-09, 05:10 PM   #66
Slammin

Default Re: PhysX officially sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanwithahat View Post
It might not be fully implemented in all the games you want it in... but it by no means sucks. I've played around with it running on my gtx 260 while it's doing the rendering, but shortly (whenever I find the time) i'm installing an 8600 GT to do the physx work and leaving the 260 on graphics only duty....

Give it time and it will mature.... compare nvidia physics to the aegia physx card and it's implementation way back in '05.... it was a wash compared to what it is now.... pci card that's hardly better than a 6200... if it was better, the way nvidia is doing it is amazing and it's just a few steps off from microsoft's vision for dx11 supporting api physics.... which surprise, means ati and nvidia cards can use it assuming they work the cards to.

Physx is a stepping stone into DX11 which is where we want to be as far as universal api physx goes

Agreed 100%.

So many silly things have been said in this thread, but the bottom line is, it is undeniably an ADVANCE, and though some may think that it could give the person that can afford a card dedicated to PhysX an unfair advantage, what is so new about that concept?

It's ALWAYS been my experience that the more $$$ I dump into building a machine, the better it handles what I toss at it. In this case, I needed a new video card anyway and it's just a nice bonus that I can use the old one to offload PhysX to, so hopefully this technology will take off and be adopted more widespread.
2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB Sli
2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0
2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II
X-FI Elite Pro
Dell U3011
Lian Li V2100B
Corsair HX1000
Slammin is offline   Reply With Quote