View Single Post
Old 06-10-09, 05:21 AM   #55
Sean_W

Default Re: Windows 7 and Microsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
ROFL. Are you really trying to tell me that google is inexperienced with linux?

Google, the same very large, very wealthy company who has built nearly their entire infrastructure on linux.

Google, the same company who created the Android OS, which is built on linux.

Google, the same company who currently employs several people who have taken part in the development of the linux ports of several popular programs (to include firefox and openoffice)

Yeah, they sound so inexperienced with linux. Honestly guy, lay off the kool-aid. Even the linux drones that post on slashdot will admit its shortcomings. Linux is not a desktop OS, plain and simple. It is great for many things, but being a desktop OS isn't one of them.

You know what else? The quote I posted was from a guy who used to be the lead developer of firefox. Inexperienced my ass.
Well put it this way. I don't see FOSS devs moaning and griping about their toolkits and saying such things as Google do.
They built Android and didn't moan, now all of a sudden they port a browser and moan about Linux.

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2009/06/p...-platform.html

Quote:
And Ben G.: people glow on a regular basis about how they can make the coolest looking UIs using Qt.
Quote:
Google, the same company who currently employs several people who have taken part in the development of the linux ports of several popular programs (to include firefox and openoffice)
By the way, Firefox started off in the FOSS world and Google didn't do anything UI wise, they did the anti-phishing extension. Open Office was released by Sun Microsystems, Google helped distribute it and the search bar. Google had nothing to do with the development or UI.

One more thing. Linux is a desktop OS, it's been used as one for over 10 years, about 20 million people use it now days actually. Sorry but you're out of your depth here. Get your facts straight.

Last edited by Sean_W; 06-10-09 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Extra info
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote