View Single Post
Old 06-11-09, 01:35 PM   #1
macosta

Default Freezing and corruption with 185.18.14 drivers

I'm running Fedora 11 with a dual 8800 GTX SLI setup and I'm having lots of problems with the 185.18.14 drivers. When I run a program I wrote that uses OpenGL, it tends to freeze up a lot anywhere from a fraction of a second all the way up to 15 seconds at a time. After a while I'll see texture corruption of things on my desktop like window decorations, menus and icons. At times, I've had it lock my system up hard. I can't ping it or anything. If I run the 180.xx series drivers (180.60 for example), it's as solid as a rock with no freezing or corruption.

I've attached three nvidia bug reports. One with sli off, one with sli on, and one with sli set to SRF (split frame rendering) which is the mode I run in all the time. The SRF bug report I had to do after rebooting (without starting X) because the system had locked hard. I only saw the texture corruption when sli was on but the freezing behavior happens in all three cases.

I don't know what happened between the 180.xx and 185.xx drivers, but these new drivers are practically unusable. At least for me they are.

Mark
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report_sli_off.log.gz (43.7 KB, 75 views)
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report_sli_on.log.gz (43.7 KB, 67 views)
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report_sli_sfr.log.gz (41.1 KB, 71 views)
macosta is offline   Reply With Quote