View Single Post
Old 06-12-09, 11:54 AM   #49
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Doom 4 30FPS cap (?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoplasym View Post
I take it you're a "consoler" as well as a PC Gamer?

If you're a PC Gamer, (no disrespect intended) why do you care what happens to the sheep who play current Gen Consoles? I'm not implying you are part of the herd, just that 90% of todays Console market is made up of people who don't know what a quality Gaming Experience is/should be = they don't know what Tears are/don't care, same with Jaggies, same with solid framerates (unless it's SO bad that they do notice), they expect demanding software to run perfectly on one system without having to do anything to ensure said enjoyment. I think you know where I'm coming from.

Imo, it's only a matter of time until the public at large (worldwide) as a whole (the #s just aren't there yet I don't imagine) figures out how easy it is to pirate Console titles.

Once everyone figures that out, and once enough private servers are setup for MP, the Console "Market" will shrivel up and die. Anyone remember why the 'old' Cartridge design for Console games was finally ditched... I do, lol. It wasn't just because a newer medium had come out and finally became feasible to switch over to (i.e. cd), it was that, and the cartridges were expensive to make, 'and' mainly (imo) because the overseas market had made a living by copying and distributing black market cartridges in colossal numbers. I'm not sure if that'll revive the PC Market at all though seeing as how Piracy isn't slowing down any time soon.

Back to the "30FPS Cap" - I don't see how they can cap anything at 30fps (considering when V-Sync is enabled on a monitor that's running at a fixed 60hz), because if the engine dips 'at' all.... 'at all'... then 29< will not be acceptable. With V-Sync enabled on a 60hz Monitor, 30+ is the 'only' acceptable framerate... anything under that and the player will notice.

I'm not sure why they used the word, "cap"... maybe they mean something else... dunno.
You wouldn't happen to be from Sweden by any chance, would you?
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote