View Single Post
Old 06-12-09, 03:31 PM   #57
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Doom 4 30FPS cap (?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoplasym View Post
I take it you're a "consoler" as well as a PC Gamer?
Yes.

I go back and forth on which I preffer. Mainly it's better experience versus better games, PC being the former and consoles being the latter.

Quote:
If you're a PC Gamer, (no disrespect intended) why do you care what happens to the sheep who play current Gen Consoles? I'm not implying you are part of the herd, just that 90% of todays Console market is made up of people who don't know what a quality Gaming Experience is/should be = they don't know what Tears are/don't care, same with Jaggies, same with solid framerates (unless it's SO bad that they do notice), they expect demanding software to run perfectly on one system without having to do anything to ensure said enjoyment.
I think they would argue tears and jaggies and such don't impact the "gaming experience" as much as playing a great game in general. I think they would also argue the drop in graphics is worth the ease of use.

Also, while I agree PC graphics look much better, console games are designed to be played from a certain distance... if you play Infamous on a couch across the room, it looks pretty amazing. It's only when you sit right in front of the TV and play it like a PC game that it looks like a jaggy mess. One could argue PC gaming graphics enhancements are mostly just to make up for how close to the monitor you sit, as they only offer AA and resolutions now, really. The days of PC games having better base assets and such are long gone.

Quote:
I think you know where I'm coming from.
Yes, a place where graphics matter more than gameplay or ease of use.

Quote:
Imo, it's only a matter of time until the public at large (worldwide) as a whole (the #s just aren't there yet I don't imagine) figures out how easy it is to pirate Console titles.
Console titles are already heavily pirated. The reason it's not as big an issue there is because they sell so many copies it has less of an impact. On PC you have dwindling sales and interest on top of massive pirating.

Quote:
Anyone remember why the 'old' Cartridge design for Console games was finally ditched... I do, lol. It wasn't just because a newer medium had come out and finally became feasible to switch over to (i.e. cd), it was that, and the cartridges were expensive to make, 'and' mainly (imo) because the overseas market had made a living by copying and distributing black market cartridges in colossal numbers.
I'm not sure about the cartidge piracy numbers, but the main reason cartridges failed was because they were expensive to make and took too long to produce, as well as CDs having more storage space for FMV video and the like. Sony promised shorter production times, lower costs and the ability to have FMV and such in your game, which was a compelling case, and why so many games were PSX exclusives, which made the PSX win the war by massive amounts that generation.

And I don't see what any of this has to do with the topic or even my comments. I was simply saying that if Doom 4 is 3 years or more off, which it likely is, I would hope they are developing it for the next generation of consoles, rather than current ones. It could be an amazing looking launch title instead of an afterthought at the end of the 360/PS3 cycle.

I really wonder if they have reason to believe 3 years from now there will be no new consoles, as in comments from MS and Sony.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote