View Single Post
Old 06-16-09, 10:08 AM   #73
Protoplasym

Default Re: Doom 4 30FPS cap (?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomizer View Post
Pretty sure a point is missed, Developers(or the publishers), are developing console first now, and PC second, if at all, that usually tends to leave PC with a mediocore port, and console level graphics.However, thanks to a few key developers, we still have a better experience in some games because they are dedicated to PC first, Valve is a good example, Crytek were also a good example, ID are kind of doing both at once but are still PC devs at heart, and Blizzard loves us PC gamers.
Epic have abandoned their roots and are attacking PC as a gaming platform, then expect PC gamers to buy their **** and are shocked when their games dont sell as well on PC :P

When the first DX11 games come out I expect there to again be a large gap between consoles and PCs, but the console first developed games will still be roughly equal on PC, thats just how it is, and its not until the next gen consoles that we will see better use of PC hardware by them.
I never missed that point.... and I understand what NZero is saying: he hopes Doom 4 is developed for the next Generation of Consoles so that the PC version is better for it in the long run.... I received that a couple posts back, guys.

Yeah, Epic has turned into quite a piece of work. One thing I don't understand is why everyone hated on UT3 soooo much... mind you, I waited 6 months to buy it, and I'd heard that before it was patched, everything was, "too small", and that it didn't feel right.

It's felt completely badass from the get go for me. I'm on the UT3patch2 and it rules. It feels better than all previous UT titles (V-Sync introduces zero lag, there's a hair on UT04), the weapons rock, and it looks amazing.

"its not until the next gen consoles that we will see better use of PC hardware by them."

I hear what you guys are saying... but I ask you... if you're a true PC Gamer, whyth do you support Publishers that have taken said stance by buying 'any'thing Console related?

I mean, we as gamers aren't 'starving' for Games, so why give in to absolute mediocrity, zero options, and poor performance overall? We don't need a savior in Gaming, we simply need support for the hardware that's already available.

Whotf is going to enjoy Rage and Doom 4 on a 360 or P3... with a gamepad, lol... and subpar looks... I just don't get how the Sheep buy into it.... and imo, 'any' PC Gamer who buys Console is only furthering the demise of what/where the PC should be in terms of Gaming.

It should be leading without question.
Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
2 GBs DDR 2 [800] RAM
ASUS MB

280 Legit Games installed

(2) 500 GB drives
(1) 80 GB drive (houses the OS only)
Protoplasym is offline   Reply With Quote