View Single Post
Old 06-19-09, 12:20 PM   #12
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Revenge of the PC!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
There isnt an $800 difference between a decent gaming machine and a 360 and a ps3. You are saying you'd need to spend $1100+ (in fact a ps3 was like $600 @ launch) for a gaming machine? Far from it. I've built some recently for friends for around $700. Not much more than a 360 at launch when you buy a second controller, HD, cables, Live, etc all the other junk to make the damn thing more than a single green light paper weight. Even a $700 gaming machine makes the hardware in a 360 look like a Casio Calculator from the 80s. The price you pay for an outdated, obsolete PC... errr I mean a RRoD_box is ridiculous, its nothing more than a 3 year old PC.

My 360 is nothing more than the "PC" for my kids to use. The performance slowdowns on the 360 suck, the graphics are crap next to my PC, its noisy as hell, the controller sucks for anything other than sports and driving games, and I find most the console only games on the 360 to be boring and mindless.

Give me a PC anyday. The reason consoles exist is because console people are too lazy to use a PC for gaming. Upgrades, maintanence, installation, etc. Consoles thrive because people are just want to just be lazy and stupid.
Your appraisal of the cost of a new gaming machine is excessively rosy. A brand new system from the ground up that is going to outperform a console is gonna cost more than $700. Hardware aside (I could spend $700 on motherboard, CPU, and video card alone) you still need Windows, unless you're pirating it I guess. Even OEM copies of Windows XP Pro run over $100. You also need a keyboard, mouse, gamepads, speakers, etc. PC gaming has and always will be a great deal more expensive than console gaming.

Regarding your comments about "lazy and stupid", I wouldn't really know what to say except "no u". Being employed, I can afford to enjoy my PS3, DS, Wii, Xbox 360, and PC all at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2
Already u have a PC that will do alot more than any console.
The PC you listed would be a cheap pile of ****, I'd rather play games on a console because they'd look and run better. Plus I wouldn't have to worry about my cheap-ass power supply (case + psu $60? LOL) blowing up and frying all my hardware.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410