View Single Post
Old 09-26-03, 06:06 PM   #1
button

Default Redhat 9.0 install- brand new to Linux

Hello everyone,
First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who responds to this post in advance. I am brand (and I mean SPANKIN') new to Linux, and I am trying to wean myself from windows. Back in the 80's, I once new a few things about BASIC but haven't even considered programming since the first Mac came out. I currently have a homemade PC with a GeForce 3 Ti200 on a Soyo Dragon Plus mobo with an Athlon 1800 xp with 256mb RAM. I just acquired Redhat 9.0, and I would like to learn some basic things about text commands. However, I hate (with a passion) going through tutorials and prefer to learn by doing. I read the README and downloaded the driver to the home directory of my personal (not root) account and don't really know how to "make it happen." Could someone PLEASE walk me through the installation of this new driver, step by step, assuming that I know nothing (which is a fair assumption). I really want to get into Linux, so, those of you out there who know your stuff, please have mercy and help a nooby out! Your time is greatly appreciated- just think of it as an investment in a budding future ex Windows user.
button is offline   Reply With Quote