View Single Post
Old 06-22-09, 11:45 AM   #131
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Default Re: Ghostbusters Official Feedback Thread

From all the screenshots, this game looks pretty damn good to me. From my eyes it certainly doesn't look like garbage as some are saying here. One persons garbage is another persons treasure I guess. As far as MP, it's not an issue with me as I have no interest in it. MP is just wasted hard drive space to me. SP is the only way I roll.

Quote:
i remember some zones using the 80% of the quad, so, i guess that the game is a little bounded by the CPU power too.
That's by design. The game makers are using the cpu for physics in this game. Hardocp had a good article on this (with lots of input and real worlds demonstrations from the game makers). That article intrigued me and it's what first got me interested in the game. I like the idea of a game being optimized for both the vid card and the cpu. Makes me feel like I'm using all of what I paid good money for.

Downloading right now from Steam. Will give it a go and see if it lives up to my expectations. Graphics look fine to me, how it plays and how the game experience is for me will be the test.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote