View Single Post
Old 06-22-09, 04:46 PM   #80
Protoplasym

Default Re: Doom 4 30FPS cap (?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomizer View Post
A. I was pretty much the same, also remember having ax duels, plenty of fun

B. I actually played CS from the very first beta, and kind of lost interest at beta 6, mostly cause my computer was utter crap and beta 6 got really laggy, running on the lowest settings I could find, oddly though, I poaned back then, and suck now D:

C. I also prefered CS:S once it came out, I didnt get into it straight away(was too busy playing HL2), but I guess I just liked the handling better, also I remember that nuke map in HL1, played on it heaps, it would be a mad rush to get to the bunker before it all closed up, was madness.
The last DM centric game I liked alot though would have to be HL2M, but most likely its because of the gravity gun, so damn fun playing catch, trying to get someone offguard :P

D. And yeah I really dont get cheaters, cheats are fine, in a SP game, they can extend the life of any game, but in MP its just lame, its like they are either too lazy to play, or they suck so hard they even fail to kill you with cheats(which has happend), on that topic, PvP MMOs are a haven for the people who liked to cheat in other MP games, even if they arent cheating, all they need to do is go after people half their level and twink out their character and their opponent doesnt stand a chance.

E. Some, not all :P Killzone never really interested me because it was a console exclusive, if it came to PC I might try it, but generally if I hear a FPS on console my eyes glaze and roll back into their skull.
Deus Ex 2 is dumbed down, its basically had most of its features from Deus Ex 1 cut, its what I like to call consolization of an IP, I am sure itd be a fun game, but it loses the point that the original made.

F. The same thing as I said above goes for Bioshock, its a consolized "spiritual successor" to System Shock 2, I do like it, thats why I have it installed atm, but it definently doesnt have the same appeal to me as SS2 did, and I would rather a true non-consolized System Shock 3, instead of Bioshock 2, but EA seems content on sitting on the IP doing nothing with it, and if they did....consolization.

G. The easiest fix(though I think you have to do it every time you launch the game) is once you get to the menu, alt+tab out, open up task manager, find SS2 in the process list, right click on it and go to "Set Affinity", then uncheck all but 1 core, then go back into the game and load a game(new or otherwise), I would definently recommend aswell, you at least get the official patch, it fixes a few things but also adds coop, which was alot of fun, but isnt trouble free.
When we first started trying to play it we couldnt even get a game started, then were confused by where we were, because in the intro part of the game you cant see eachother, its not until you actually board the ship.
Other then that it worked mostly flawless, we even managed to beat the game, with lots of reloading near the end :P
However, on one session, a hybrids AI was bugged, it was just standing there, and its head would spin to look at us, even while behind it, we pretty much gave up on that session :P

Anyway, System Shock IP ftw, cmon EA, *cough*make some more money*cough*(pcexclusiveplz)
A. Dude, you know it! I loved doing that as well... man those maps were so dark and twisted... it was a great experience with 4 kids on LAN going after each other.... loved those nailguns!

B. Oh wow, that's cool... I didn't get into it until after it had been polished up for a year.. lol. I see you had roughly 300 ping in that pic... ouch I used to play that on my Cousins setup and he had a fast connect at the time.. we'd always get mid 50s-150s on solid servers. I miss those days, buttery gamin, hard opponents that were there to have fun and not cheat.

C. That Nuke map in HL1 was definitely the epitome of 'madness incarnate'! I never did try HL2 DM, but I imagine it's every bit as solid as the original.... those weapons rule in both games, so... well, hell... HL1 the maps is what really made it... did Valve bring the heat when they made maps for DM for HL2? I would imagine so...

D. The only MMO I ever plan on playing is GuildWars (box is sitting on the floor uninstalled) and that's because it's free, and a buddy of mine swears by it. I have another friend who says screw GWs... play EverQuest II instead, but I refuse to pay a monthly service for 'any' game. Unless ID makes a Doom RPG with IDTech5 er somethin, lol... I'd join that in a heartbeat.

E. Lol, I hear ya... I'd read that Deus Ex 2 was still a really solid shooter with 'some' RPGish elements, so I'm sure I'm gonna love it.

F. You really think so? I haven't played System Shock II still, so I don't know what it's like.... being a fan of said game, and having waited forever for a part 3. Honestly... Bioshock looks like it's own thing to me... the only similarity is the RPG aspect, and the fact that the player is all alone. I'm not trying to argue (far from it), but I'm curious why you call it, "consolidized"... I understand it was designed 'with the console in mind' and if that's why you label it as such - understood... but imo: it's a PC shooter through and through. I think 2K outdid themselves with it.... and I expect 2 & 3 to be of the same spit and shine.

G. Yeah, I'm aware of that fix... I have to do it for NeedForSpeed UG2 otherwise it'll crash. I'd already tried it for Theif 2 to no avail.

That models' head bugging out sounds freaky!

What was the last system you were able to play SSII on?
Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
2 GBs DDR 2 [800] RAM
ASUS MB

280 Legit Games installed

(2) 500 GB drives
(1) 80 GB drive (houses the OS only)
Protoplasym is offline   Reply With Quote