View Single Post
Old 06-28-09, 11:32 AM   #2
Scendore

Default Re: Rise of Flight - The First Great Air War Released in the US

Got this in my hot little hands yesterday and did some testing... According to the interviews the game was optimized for quad core and from what I've seen it's doing just that. The key for performance with this title really comes down to having a very good GPU with at least 512 Megs.

With some limited testing it also looks like it doesn't take use of SLI so I ratched down a few settings... Even with lower settings it's a very good looking sim.

Quick test around the block the UI is pretty sparse but it gets the job done. I had a few gliches with the Training portion of the sim but I'm sure it will be addressed.

The US version comes with 2 flyable planes at the moment though more are expected through future releases.

The flight model is very well done and full switch makes it very enjoyable for those that want know what it's like to fly the real thing. Pfactor Torque and aerodynamic forces are at play and it feels like a real airplane. Of course you always have the option of toning things down and there are plenty of helpers to get the beginner up and running.

I will write a little more as I start do dive into this sim which looks very promising.
Scendore is offline   Reply With Quote