View Single Post
Old 07-02-09, 05:03 AM   #11
ChrisRay

Default Re: :( 295 GTX problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUYA View Post
The thing is Chris, GPU-Z reports temps rising to 105 degrees celcius and above when I try furmark or Age of Conan! It might be temperature related as I have made sure the 2 connectors are fed into the 295 GTX from different lines. I wish I had the finances to watercool it but, I don't.

This blanking out didn't happen before when I was gaming hours on end....and it only started happening a month ago.

RMA process in HKG is non existent....and I am essentially stuck with a semi dud card....
If it is bad contact. Then it possible to take the card apart. The GTX 295 is actually much easier to dissassemble then the 9800GX2. But it voids warranty. The problem is. Its not always easy to get better contact. And dual PCB cards can be difficult to put back together ((lack of hands)).

I might suggest putting a can of compressed in the fan blades and letting the tube slide deeper into the heatsink and try to blow anything that may or may not be blocking it. When it reaches it extremely high tempatures. Can you feel an incredible force of air coming out the heatsink thats exposed? ((should look like several grates)). If you're not feeling much air being released you may have a jam up in your ventilation system.

Oh and is your case closed?
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote