View Single Post
Old 07-06-09, 12:55 PM   #99
Protoplasym

Angry Re: Doom 4 30FPS cap (?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheANIMAL View Post
I'm guessing it isn't a continuation of the doom3 storyline, it has got a dedicted story writer; Graham Joyce.

On April 10, 2009 GameSpot published an interview with id Software's CEO Todd Hollenshead in which he revealed that Doom 4 is "deep in development." He stated however that the game is "not [in] pre-production". The development team is "relatively new" and id is "still actually hiring people" onto the Doom 4 team. GameSpot asked Hollenshead if Doom 4 is "a sequel? A reboot? A prequel?" and his response is "Gosh, that's actually an excellent question. It's not a sequel to Doom 3, but it's not a reboot either. Doom 3 was sort of a reboot. It's a little bit different than those, and if I told you why, I would get my ass kicked when I got back. So I'll just have to leave it at that."[5] On June 23, 2009, ZeniMax Media, best known for Bethesda Softworks, acquired id Software and announced that all future id Software games not subject to current third-party publishing deals (i.e. Rage by EA) will be published by Bethesda Softworks, Doom 4 being one.

Well, i'm speculating here, with higher resolution textures, more polygons and more accurate physics i imagine that Doom 4 will be better looking than Rage, but the framerates will be slower, which is fine because its aiming for 30 fps rather than 60 needed for a racing game like Rage.

Whether it looks 3 x better remains to be seen, that was just what Carmack said, personally i doubt it but what do i know. ???
Kicka*s! I appreciate the quote. Well sheet.... I dunno about y'all. I thoroughly enjoyed 3 EXCEPT for the constantly spawning badguys, it's my favorite shooter of all time.

I have a feeling 4 is going to be fubarred now.. after reading this quote, it's a "brand new" team... meh... they're going to spawn bad guys in all over the place and it's not going to feel right.

3 has the sickest atmosphere of any game (imo), but the way the bad guys are deployed for the most part weakens it severely. Pisses me off that instead of rectifying their retarded decisions in that respect: ID should go back over 3 and institute some kind of random badguy placement that feels intuitive and natural.

If I could have free reign and direct development of level design, 4'd be the top shooter of all time, but seeing as people who work those jobs want a Trillion/year and don't want to innovate: us gamers are going to be left with more of the same.

New gorgeous engine - yay
Amazing Atmosphere - yay
Top notch sound work - yay

ZERO AI advancement
PissPoor Badguy implementation
Half As*ed story

I can guarantee you this, guys (and you can say I'm talking sh*te all you want, that's fair), but mark my words: Rage is going to have all the innovation ID has saved up, and all the left over nonsense and half as*ed work is what D4 is going to get.

Reason I've come to this conclusion is because: ID considering where they came from, look at them now: they refuse to be contacted by the gamers they "claim to care about/want to impress/make fun games for", they don't give a f*ck about our opinions, and they sure as hell don't take criticism.

my blood's starting to boil thinking about how they care more about some 'new IP... whoooo' than making 4 the best shooter of all time

bs
Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
2 GBs DDR 2 [800] RAM
ASUS MB

280 Legit Games installed

(2) 500 GB drives
(1) 80 GB drive (houses the OS only)
Protoplasym is offline   Reply With Quote