View Single Post
Old 07-08-09, 04:33 PM   #104
Protoplasym

Default Re: Doom 4 30FPS cap (?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfire View Post
Well can't really blame them for not advancing gameplay, they are good at what they do and that is game engine technology + full utilization of the hardware we have, and that in itself is impressive.

They shift the game industry forward with each new engine they make starting since wolf3d and so on.

Although, unreal engine is taking some of that thunder away right now, such a shame though, we need more variety in game engines! so hurry up ID!
True.... but then with the same token: why aren't there lots of companies buying IDTech 4 and making games with it?????

SO many companies have made games with Unreal Tech and that's cool, I'm thankful because I love playing games period.... but.... why does no one utilize IDTech???

One game that has completely took me by surprise is this oldschool looking shooter that's soon to come out (if it hasn't already), and it uses IDTech 3 of all things, lol. I see people clowning it/yada, but it looks like it's gonna be a blast of a shooter.

http://www.mangledeye.com/news.html

Yeah, comes out this month. Looks fun to me, graphics aren't everything... hell, I still play Quake 1 and HL1 (so many badass SP mods).
Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
2 GBs DDR 2 [800] RAM
ASUS MB

280 Legit Games installed

(2) 500 GB drives
(1) 80 GB drive (houses the OS only)
Protoplasym is offline   Reply With Quote