View Single Post
Old 07-09-09, 01:05 PM   #23
K-1

Default Re: should I get Crysis and/or warhead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed_Baboon View Post
p.s. is there a CVAR to turn make the koreans speak Korean? the english is totally lame.
In your Crysis folder, create a text file and save it as system.cfg

Then, inside the file paste this line: ai_UseAlternativeReadability=0

Your Koreans should then be speaking proper Korean in game.

Now that I think about it, what also could work is if you went into the Crysis\Game\Config folder, look for the config file that relates to your difficulty level (for normal the file is named diff_normal.cfg), open it, look for the command line and change the value from 1 to 0.

I recently had a modest upgrade to my system and re-installed Crysis and was blown away by how well I could run it. Mind you I'm running at a mix of medium and high settings at 1680x1050 0xAA, but I still think it looks fantastic and the frame rate is so smooth, it really makes for an almost entirely new experience.

Oh by the way, if you are running in Dx9 mode, I would suggest creating the system.cfg file I mentioned earlier and including the command r_sunshafts=1. This allows for the shafts of sunlight that shimmer through the treetops and such. Normally this is only available when running Very High Dx10, but it really doesn't impact performance much and adds a lot to the atmosphere.
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote