View Single Post
Old 07-16-09, 01:05 AM   #75
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Default Re: Some bad news, About Win7 Upgrade

I'm just not believing this. I'm just not going to believe that there will not be a way to clean install Windows 7 upgrade (upgrading from XP in my case) again if the original upgrade went capoot (without having to install XP again first and then the upgrade again). I'm going to remain optimistic that Microsoft isn't going to pull that. That's just not right. Microsoft has got to figure that the situation of having to re-install Windows 7 at some point is going to happen either from the OS going south, a hardware failure or switching from 32 bit to 64 bit for example. I already pre-orded this upgrade (Win7 Professional). I purposely skipped Vista and now decided to go 64 bit Windows 7. If I'm locked into this one install deal (without going through a bunch of BS), I'm going to be one pissed off MF! I mean I already own a legal copy of XP. I shouldn't have to install it again if I had to re-install the Win7 upgrade again. Microsoft has got to have figured out a better way of dealing with that situation. Sombitch, now I have to think about this crap until more definitive news comes out. This sucks!
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote