Re: Xine vdpau announcement
Hi Stephen, I've tried various players with following results:
1. ffplay - s/w decode only, plays fine, though exhausting CPU to 100%
2. mplayer, w or w/o vdpau - cannot play the file. I've logged a bugzilla report
3. vlc - plays fine, though exhausting CPU to 100%
4. vlc with vaapi (vdpau backend for vaapi) - basically plays OK without the random blocks, but there's some flickering
5. xine with xine-lib 1.1.16, no vdpau - video screen can show up but the clip cannot be played smoothly, plus lot of errors keep occurring. See attached. There's no such error when playing with xine-vdpau.
When playing with xine-vdpau, the random blocks seems always occurring at same locations.
I'm not sure if it is vdpau issue. Anyway I've uploaded the file xine_vdpau_random_blocks.ts to the Nvidia file drop.