View Single Post
Old 07-30-09, 03:53 AM   #1
K@in

Default Argh! Dissapointed with GTX275 clocking...

Hey, I just picked up a BFG GTX275 not too long ago and frankly, it's been kinda dissapointing. My highest stable crysis OC is 675/1476/1188, anything higher crysis freezes. I'm using a fresh install of vista x64 and my system is a Q6600 at 3ghz and 1.32v, 4gb of ram, a Maximus Formula and a OCZ 600w Sxs PSU. I'm really at a loss about what to do. My temps are fine (Mid 70s Furmark Burn) and my power supply is enough. I don't get artifacts or anything, just games lock up without warning past those frequencies. For some odd reason Furmark and Vantage are both stable at 702/1512/1242, but as soon as try crysis or even CS on a full server (20 slots) it locks up and flushes the driver. I remember my Asus 6800u back in the AGP days had a similar issue, and once I flashed it to a XFX bios it helped alleviate the OC barrier. Would It be worth doing to the GTX275?

The only thing I can think of is the increased CPU/memory load during games, but my system is 24 hour prime stable and the PSU should be enough. Besides, doesn't vantage stress the CPU in the first test with all the physx enabled water and ti**ies?
K@in is offline   Reply With Quote