View Single Post
Old 07-31-09, 08:43 AM   #18
ChrisRay

Default Re: EQ2 Shader 3.0 upgrade

Quote:
To be honest I'm not really interested on your views about what developers target when they make games. I was speaking specifically about your Sm 3.0 and Geforce 6 comment, which was flat out bs, and some of the things you posted after. Its a public forum, so when you make an assertion based on nothing but your personal opinion you should expect to get called on it.
If you don't care. Then don't post. I worked directly with Nvidia's driver team on this. Relaying feedback, experience, and data. Which is where I learned that the SM 3.0 is not the culprit for the low performance problems in EQ 2. It was in fact a driver/software problem that both Sony and Nvidia had to work together for a fix on. Which mind you they did eventually fix. As I have pointed out numerous times. You can take a Geforce 6/7 into this game now and not have any of the early problems that were experienced by users. After Nvidia confirmed that the game was not being slowed down due to any SM 3.0 implementation. I decided to investigate myself and dump the code for it. I did not make any of this up based on my "personal" opinion. My part of being an Nvidia user Group member is to collect data, Work with Nvidia on hot topics, Driver issues, and test new hardware before it becomes available to the press. So I have a pretty good understanding of the issues I am talking about.

I would love to post my e-mail correspondant with Nvidia on this issue. I cant however since I am restricted by NDA regarding most of my e-mail conversations with Nvidia due to the issues of driver patents and other various NDA issues. Am I pissy about this? Yes. Paticularly because you've taken the time to spit on something that I put alot of time and effort into back when it was relevant to alot of people. Needless to say. I'm done arguing with you. I've already lost my patience. This is not worth losing my temper over. Hence I'm done.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote