View Single Post
Old 08-06-09, 04:55 AM   #9
Atomizer

Default Re: Ex-WoW Players Come In

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
what shiat is this? more freedom? By the very definition, WoWs open world and ability to fly, talent specs, and having different ways to gear makes wow lightyears ahead of eq when it comes to doing what you want to do. Troll more.

People who play mmo's for a long time and then burn out on it are mearly hating themselves for putting so much time into the game. I play wow quite abit, but mainly because theres nothing else to play. Maybe if other companies put as much work into their games as blizzard does.
Youve never played EQ1 have you? WoW has 2 factions, a human cant go into a night elf city and start killing night elves, in EQ1 you can kill ANY NPC, ANY. You could also drop stuff on the ground such as coins or any item, one trick quite often used was to drop a plat on the ground at a city entrance, then use a level 1(or 4? I forget) spell called "Minor Illusion"(for Enchanters only), it will change you into a nearby object, so then you just pick up your coin and watch as people try to pick you up as they run by.

Back on the topic of killing any NPC, you also gain and lose faction for just about everything you kill, and same goes for pretty much every quest, which allowed anyone to become aligned with whatever city they wanted, no fixed factions, no "cant kill your own faction npcs" crap, no restrictions on just about anything.
THAT is what I am talking about when I say freedom.
Atomizer is offline   Reply With Quote