View Single Post
Old 08-08-09, 01:28 AM   #23
pakotlar

Default Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDio View Post
With both SLI (working) and Single GPU mode, the performance hit is big. Especially in the open area at the end of the demo (framerate there is 30-45 and feels really choppy).

Even with normal PhysX, the performance hit is almost similar (yeah the physx support is enabled in CC ).

Simply put, i prefer constant smooth framerate than some minor effects with such a performance hit.

PS: Tried both 190.40 and 190.56 drivers
That's weird. I never see anything as low as 30fps, I get closer to 35-50 (At 1680*1050, max settings), with a single 285 overclocked, with High physics, and higher than that with normal physics. Also, it is totally smooth (since when is 35-50fps at the lowest point choppy?)

It may be something to do with SLI. I know that at low framerates (cutoff seems to be ~ 30fps) microstuttering becomes more pronounced. You're probably seeing that. Because with physx on, and a single 285, the experience is very enjoyable at max settings @ 1680*1050, 4xAA. I'm sure with 1920*1200 you would get similar lows. I'll try it out and let you know.

Edit
The lows are ~ 2-3fps lower thna 1680. I still hit 35 lowest in the big open area, except for 1 or 2 frames when i'm still in the vent when it goes to 30-32. But most of the gameplay is about 40-45 in that section.

@ 1920 however, I'm seeing most of the frames in mid 40's as opposed to mid 50's. Again, lows are roughly the same, probably to do with physx.