View Single Post
Old 08-15-09, 07:42 AM   #1
technoid

Default Blu-ray and HDTV

Okay... I admit I don't know a great deal about them but I've been looking around a lot and finally got to see a Blu-ray player at Best Buy playing a movie on a 40" Sony HDTV. What I seen didn't seem that impressive to me so I thought I'd run it by you guys to see if I'm looking at this wrong.

First a question. What resolution does Blu-ray use? All of them? By that I mean does it playback depending on the TV, duh, and output 1080p, 720p, or 1080i.

Second my observations. It seems to me that there were a lot of artifacts in the image, and if I frooze it it just looked very so so to me. I expected a razor sharp image but wasn't impressed with it at all. So is it suppose to look razor shrap?

I guess what I'm mostly looking for is a review of my observations.

I know what I seen was a canned demo, but shouldn't it be an impressive look at Blu-ray?

Thanks for any information you can share with me. I'm getting close to buying an HD setup and since I'm retired now I can't afford to make any mistakes in my choices.