View Single Post
Old 08-15-09, 10:55 AM   #5
technoid

Default Re: Blu-ray and HDTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon12 View Post
Blu rays true superior appeal over DVD is not the picture to me. Its the uncompressed ear candy.

Dolby 5.1 on dvd can't come close to that, but you can get near blu ray picture quality from upscale players.
Thanks a lot for your perspective. I just got through doing a google search on blu-ray and found out quite a bit, and it's interesting to note that I seen comments like yours several times in other forums. I know this is terrible to say but for us the video quality is the only important thing, we sold our home theater audio equipment and now watch tv in the bedroom only. (the reason for this is my wife is severely disabled and is a chronic pain patient, so for the most part she lives in bed) So the audio is just the tv speakers. I think going with a good upscaling dvd player might be the right thing for us, do you have any suggestions on the make and model?

On the subject of upscaling dvd players, do they work better on a 720p or 1080p TV?