View Single Post
Old 08-15-09, 12:06 PM   #6
bacon12

Default Re: Blu-ray and HDTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
Thanks a lot for your perspective. I just got through doing a google search on blu-ray and found out quite a bit, and it's interesting to note that I seen comments like yours several times in other forums. I know this is terrible to say but for us the video quality is the only important thing, we sold our home theater audio equipment and now watch tv in the bedroom only. (the reason for this is my wife is severely disabled and is a chronic pain patient, so for the most part she lives in bed) So the audio is just the tv speakers. I think going with a good upscaling dvd player might be the right thing for us, do you have any suggestions on the make and model?

On the subject of upscaling dvd players, do they work better on a 720p or 1080p TV?
I have no experience with stand alone players I use a pc so have only dealt with power dvd/nvidia pure video. Also not sure about which would be better 720 or 1080, but you can feel that you upgrade would be more future proof with 1080 and is what I would suggest.

I really do feel you are on the right track, and would suggest blu ray if the prices of disks, and players were to fall to reasonable levels. But if you have a netflix sub, which I suggest for any movie buff then its still a viable option.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote