View Single Post
Old 08-15-09, 08:55 PM   #31
dikinher
Grab em!

Default Re: New RAGE Trailer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a12ctic View Post
Seeing this video has made me realize just how awesome an iD game that they could possibly make. John Carmack and his team have really been in the market longer than anyone and if anyone knows how to make an amazing game its them with a massive budget and talent. Given the almost limitless boundaries brought in by modern engine and the amazing amount of artwork iD can afford just confirms that this will be the next real third generation game.

Crysis may have more special effects and flash, but Rage will surely be an artistic and well thought out video game. I am really excited for this game.

Class > Bull****
I disagree with this. They may have been around for a long time, but they lost what they had before Doom 3. Doom 3, Quake 4 and Quake Wars were failures. Even the next Wolfenstein looks to continue that trend, judging from the leaked videos online.

While they sure know how to build engines, they don't know how to make games. Rage looks good, but ID still hasn't seem to evolve. What do you expect from guys like ID who still use 2D sky boxes and low polygon counts by today's standards?