View Single Post
Old 08-17-09, 05:48 PM   #15
TheBigOne
Taking over the universe

Default Re: Project: Lan theater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasuCode View Post
Thanks for the tips. I got the car amp to temporarily push the subs but they do a good good job as it is. Its hooked up to a few batterys that sit outside. My 18s are 2ohms I did plan on getting a Crown XTi-2000 or 1000. but have been spending my money on other things. My subs are already way too loud. They can be heard 4 houses down and shake my neighbours windows. But eventualy I do plan on getting a Crown XTi 2000 or something like that.

I dont have the money to freely spend on pricy equipment. Id love to get something like that denon but for now I have to get the room done before oct because I have people coming over from out of state to see a Metallica show and lan party for a few days afterwords.

And BTW the video was just to show the speakers. my room looks completely diffrent now. Sorry I have not posted any pictures yet. I have been taking some. I have been waiting to get enough good pictures. I just got 3 more executive chairs today for a total of 5.

Also about the power I bought some 10gauge and a 30amp breaker ive already routed the wires have a guy comming to show me how to put the breakers in and check things out to make sure I got it right.

Ill have more info soon. Thanks for the help.
I have two of those amps XTi2000 use them with my dj equipment, "very good amp" can do 1kw per ch or 2kw bridged that going to be loud. Just get a good pre-amp or mixer with a good crossover you will be set, don't really need to spend alot of money if you set everything right, you will need the 30amp circuit, good luck with the project.
Main System
Asus P6T, Intel I7 965 extreme 3.2 ghz
12gb CORSAIR DDR3 1600
2X 256gb Samsung SSD Raid 0, 1x 1.5tb seagate
2x XFX 4890 Crossfire
Visiontek 650 TvTuner, Sound X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity
LG GBW-H20L Blu-ray, Samsung SH-S203N DVD-RW
OCZ ProXStream 1000w, Case Coolermaster HAF 932
swifttech 655 pump, Apogee GTZ Ci7, MCR220-QP,
ek-fc4890 x2 video waterblocks Antec vers elite disply
Sunbeam 4ch 20w fan controller

Mediacenter