View Single Post
Old 08-23-09, 09:11 PM   #1
LurkerLito

Default Win 7 Not remembering window settings argh!!

I have to vent a bit. This little new feature of Win 7 is absolutely the worst thing about it and it's driving me nuts. How can MS not have brought over this functionality from win XP and screwed it up in vista and not corrected it in Win 7 is just insane IMO.

Win 7 just won't remember where I place my open windows. It's absolutely stupid. On every reboot any of the open windows I had open will move to new locations. If I open the Games tab it takes on the same position and size settings as the Computer window. If I change the games window then open the computer, the computer window becomes the same size and position as the games one. If you open any folder it only takes the size and position settings from the previously opened window. I can't believe this hasn't been fixed to be like it was when it was functional in windows XP! Vista broke the way it worked it couldn't seem to always remember what windows were open, but it seemed to be fine remembering the positions and sizes of the windows you had previously opened. Win 7 remembers what windows you had open previously but can't remember any of the size, positions or settings.

I bought a $10 utility to get it to remember the size and positions, but it doesn't seem to be able to catch the Computer one or the Games one. *sigh*

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote