View Single Post
Old 09-25-02, 01:12 AM   #11
Neko

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorched
Do I need to run depmod -a in any particular directory, such as my kernel source?

Someone reported the same bug to the debian team, and they classify it as important. Perhaps he needs to run depmod -a. I just hope it's as simple as that.

http://bugs.debian.org/nvidia-kernel-src

I think modules are what's the most confusing to me. When I used the command "make modules_image" a while back, it never produced the nvidia-kernel-src-KVER*.deb file they refer to in the instructions. I don't have time to mess with it right now, but hopefull I"ll get it resolved. I'm just happy I have X working. Thanks for your help.
You can run depmod -a anywhere as long as it is the right machine.

As for the debian-bug: I just read about it. Kind of strange that this never happened to me: I seem to have a habit of coming across every bug you can have when installing something.

On the other hand I never compiled a 2.4.19 kernel, and the bug might as well be related to that particular kernel version *shrug*

One last question: Did you compile your kernel the debian way? I don't believe it makes much of a difference but it may be worth a try.