View Single Post
Old 09-16-09, 05:49 PM   #58
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Default Re: Official Need For Speed Shift thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Sure I'm expecting a bit too much but I also enjoy arcadey games like Forza, GT, Grid or Dirt.
But since I've been playing Dirt 2 lately, Shift just doesn't seem right. Dirt 2 does a much better job at car control and feedback. Even with a gamepad (360 version).

I didn't expect a sim but I was hoping for a decent game that should be fun with wheel and pedals thanks to the awesome c0ckpits and cars. But it's exactly the controls and handling that are so badly implemented IMO. Games like Dirt 1 (PC) or TDU were much more fun because you can feel the car.

So in my opinion, this game is bad compared to other arcade racers, not just sims.
I'm using the Xbox 360 wireless wheel and I'm having no problems whatsoever. This game is fantastic! Just turn off all the driving assists and customize your dead zone to your liking and you're good to go(also use manual transmission!).

This game is the first racing game that even comes close to the feeling of driving a real car(there are better sims out there, but they are boring as hell) and the AI isn't retarded(would have liked some more competition from the AI drivers though; winning an event on hard is easy).

The fact that you even mention Dirt 1 as being a better game just amazes me; I thought you knew what you were talking about because that game is simply awful.

Driving is top notch and the races are pretty hard, 'til you upgrade and tune your car that is, but the whole interface and career mode is just really bland and could have used a bit more fine-tuning. Overall though this is without a doubt one of the best racing games I've played since Gran Turismo 4.