View Single Post
Old 09-26-09, 05:03 PM   #12
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: W7 Programs Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker View Post
This is the one thing that doesn't make sense to me. When I Googled for a W7 driver for my Audigy card, I came across one by DanielK, which in the past was always free...apparently no longer. Creative does have a free download for W7, but there are portions of it that are disabled...like the equalizer. Creative is "famous" for disabling their software, in order to promote sales of their newer cards. That is why DanielK came to the forefront, because he simply hacked their software to reenable items broken by Creative.

However, now the DanielK downloads have release notes stating that purchase and activation are required, and a link going to Creative for information. Going to that page, it speaks of some individual software features for purchase, but nothing that I could find regarding the DanielK download.

EDIT: I should clarify...perhaps I should have said software/driver, rather than just driver, because they are often combined.
maybe you should pay a bit more attention

Quote:
•Applications from the original Sound Blaster Audigy CD will not work with this download on Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Click here to download the latest applications that are available for your product.

Quote:
- DDL and DTS Connect License Activation 2.00.03 (*)
- Dolby Digital Live Pack 3.00.01 (*)
- DTS Connect Pack 1.03.02 (*)

(*) - purchase and activation required, except SB X-Fi Titanium, Auzentech X-Fi Prelude and Auzentech X-Fi Forte.
Those 3 features were NOT available for audigy card before, so next time write

Creative is famous for adding new features to OLD cards for tiny $4 payment, so I don't have to buy a new card.