View Single Post
Old 09-26-09, 10:15 PM   #17
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

Default Re: W7 Programs Updates

Creative didn't "disable" anything. Vista handles audio completely different than XP, hence the lazy bastards at Creative never felt the need to update the older audigy drivers. Hell, even the original X-Fi drivers were POS. DanielK modified the crappy X-Fi drivers to work with audigy. As Creative kept fixing their current drivers, DanielK kept fixing the audigy... that is until Creative realized how many people were still using their audigy's in vista and got legal involved.

Also, just out of pure curiosity, The Bat!... really?! What is this 1997... Also isn't that the program you have to customize the default install so that all of your emails aren't immediately caught by corporate spam bots? If I'm not mistaken, it puts "The Bat!" in the header and numerous corporate spam filters automatically flag that as spam (or at least used to, remember hearing about that a while ago). just wondering? oh, maybe the company you work for uses it? that would make sense... although you said you purchased the personal version. You really get that many emails (like tens of thousands at a time?) or is it because it has PGP on the fly? most other clients have PGP plug-ins. just wondering why you don't grab pocomail or thunderbird? rather you put yourself throught he headache of the bat! where their constant updates are things like "smiley support" and "html sanitizer" then you have to pay for the next version in a year. as a software developer, I'd appreciate it if would you enlighten me to what's holds your interest.

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Imbroglio is offline   Reply With Quote