View Single Post
Old 09-26-09, 10:44 PM   #19
seeker
AKA seekermeister

Default Re: W7 Programs Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbroglio View Post
Creative didn't "disable" anything. Vista handles audio completely different than XP, hence the lazy bastards at Creative never felt the need to update the older audigy drivers. Hell, even the original X-Fi drivers were POS. DanielK modified the crappy X-Fi drivers to work with audigy. As Creative kept fixing their current drivers, DanielK kept fixing the audigy... that is until Creative realized how many people were still using their audigy's in vista and got legal involved.

Also, just out of pure curiosity, The Bat!... really?! What is this 1997... Also isn't that the program you have to customize the default install so that all of your emails aren't immediately caught by corporate spam bots? If I'm not mistaken, it puts "The Bat!" in the header and numerous corporate spam filters automatically flag that as spam (or at least used to, remember hearing about that a while ago). just wondering? oh, maybe the company you work for uses it? that would make sense... although you said you purchased the personal version. You really get that many emails (like tens of thousands at a time?) or is it because it has PGP on the fly? most other clients have PGP plug-ins. just wondering why you don't grab pocomail or thunderbird? rather you put yourself throught he headache of the bat! where their constant updates are things like "smiley support" and "html sanitizer" then you have to pay for the next version in a year. as a software developer, I'd appreciate it if would you enlighten me to what's holds your interest.
I have no idea of what you are speaking of in terms of The Bat, because I have never run into any of the problems that you mentioned. It would be very difficult for me to explain exactly why I like the program so much, because it is unlike anything that I have tried before, therefore it would take a book to list the differences. No, it doesn't require buying a new version each year. My license lasted 2 years and only that short because I didn't buy it when the version was released, well before that.

EDIT: I have never had a problem with getting my emails out to any corporate dept that I'm aware of, and since I expect and get responses to most of my emails, I don't believe that the spam problem that you mentioned exists.
Rig 1: HAF 922, X2 4400+, Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe , 4x1GB DDR400, 2x500GB, 1x80GB & 1x250GB + ESATCASE2 w/2x1TB HDs, LG CH10LS20 & GH22LS50, Samsung SH-S202N, Asus Xonar D2X,Creative 5.1, GTX460 SC, FusionHDTV7 Gold RT, Acer X233H, Arris TM520G, Cisco E3000, Scythe Kama, CM RS600 PS,HP 5510v,APC BX1000, XP x64, W7 & Kubuntu 9.10

Rig 2: Antec SX1040BII, A8N-SLI, 2x1GB DDR400, 8800GTS, 1x500GB & 1x1TB HDs, Liteon LH-20AIL and Pioneer DVR-111, Audigy 2 ZS, Creative T20 2.1, Antec 500SP, W7 x64 & XP MCE
seeker is offline   Reply With Quote