View Single Post
Old 09-26-09, 10:37 PM   #222
Kaguya

Default Re: Official Need For Speed Shift thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXThReAT View Post
Anyone have any luck forcing AA?
190.62 and nHancer 2.5.3b2
No problem for me. Ingame it says 2xAA but I used the "Enhance" option in nHancer and set it to 8xS and it looks significantly better.

Well, I've played a bit of this after having a very bad PC experience (let's just say I don't think that SSDs are ready for prime-time and I lost a week's worth of data - not much that was important, but I now have to replay a significant amount of Batman to get back to where I was ) I finally got this installed and here are my thoughts:

Firstly, while it seems fun I just don't find it quite as fun as GRID. GRID I was always anticipating the next race, having a blast and loving every minute of it. SHIFT seems more serious... that's the word. GRID is laid back, SHIFT is serious.

Secondly, and this is my own problem, the ****pit in this game is great, but I sure have more fun riding the hood of my car than sitting in the driver's seat I'll try ****pit again, but hood cam is so much faster feeling.

Thirdly, the racing line was nice for a bit, but I found I was just following this line around instead of racing. Anyone else get that? I turned the line off and don't seem to be having any problems. New tracks are a bit trickier as I can't get all my info from the road, but I still seem to be getting good points for riding the right line on the track.

Anyway, good game overall... obviously have some regrets as it was the D2D download that killed my SSD, but I'm sure I'll get over it
EVGA GeForce GTX 470 x2 SLI
OCZ Vertex 2 EX & Corsair P256
LG GH22NS50 22X DVD-RW SATA
Antec TruePower Quattro 1000w SLI PSU
Acer HN274H 1920x1080 3D Ready LCD
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
Antec 900 Ultimate Gamer Case
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote