This isn't a bad price for Windows 7 Professional...
... but I'm reading through this and there are some things that seem insane to me:
* The Share overlay icon for shared items in Explorer has been removed. 
* It is not possible to set Windows Explorer to remember individual window size and position. Each window shares the same size, and their position cascades as more windows are opened.
* Dotted lines that connect folders and subfolders do not appear as the option to turn off simple folder view is missing. 
* The size of any selected item and free disk space are not shown on the status bar.
* When no items are selected in a folder, neither the details pane nor the status bar show the total size of files in the folder.
* The location (zone) where the files reside such as Intranet, Computer etc is not shown in the status bar.
* Icons on the command bar in Windows Explorer and common application dialogs for Open/Save.
* Disabling Auto Arrange and Align to Grid is not available in Windows Explorer windows. 
* The Sort bar that appears for any view in Windows Vista only appears for Details view. 
* Automatic horizontal scrolling in the left pane and the horizontal scrollbar.
* The Arrange By/Stack By option is only available for libraries and folders included in libraries. In addition, users can only Stack By predefined categories depending on the library type. For example, users can only Stack By Folder, Album, Artist, Song, Genre, and Rating for the Music library, whereas in Vista, users could Stack By any properties that exist for a file (common examples would be bit rate, year, composer, play count ..etc for audio files)
Are they trying to piss off people who actually use their operating system to work with files? I thought Vista screwed things up by making it more complicated to do basic things like sort a folder full of files (especially music) by the date the file was created or modified...
This just takes the cake.
I'll definitely have to use Windows 7 extensively before I even think of buying it. These changes are just ridiculous IMO.