View Single Post
Old 10-07-09, 11:22 PM   #1
burakvarhan

Unhappy refresh rate, xorg.conf, edid.bin

Hello all,

I have a new laptop with Geforce GTX 260M graphics card. My operating system is ubuntu 9.04 with latest beta nvidia linux driver 190.32.

My problem is; although my computer supports higher refresh rates I cannot obtain anything further from 60Hz. After some tweaking with xorg.conf file it seemed that I was able to run it at 70Hz (the tool comes with driver showed 70Hz). Unfortunately, my eyes got hurt after a while and I realized that it is working with 60Hz.

To ensure that it is working with 60Hz despite it says 70Hz, I downloaded the parse-edid tool and its output is below:

>parse-edid edid.bin | grep "Mode "
parse-edid: parse-edid version 2.0.0
parse-edid: EDID checksum passed.
Mode "1920x1080" # vfreq 60.008Hz, hfreq 67.810kHz

I am sending all necessary files including edid.bin, xorg.conf, xorg.0.log, (all in relatedFiles.tar.gz file) and nvidia-bug-report.log.gz

Particularly I ask for three things:
1) Is there any wrong or missing field in my xorg.cong file limiting me getting the desired refresh rate?
2) Apparently my edid.bin settings are false how can I update vfreq and hfreq values in the edid file
3) How can I force nvidia driver use the setting in the xorg.conf file and completely ignore the setting in the edid

Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (55.5 KB, 96 views)
File Type: gz relatedFiles.tar.gz (15.5 KB, 130 views)
burakvarhan is offline   Reply With Quote