View Single Post
Old 10-18-09, 10:28 PM   #21
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Default Re: First to fully max out crysis with well over 60 fps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
The fact that it got a low FPS of 48 (even though the average was 73) with that rig really proves that Crysis sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
48 is pretty playable isn't it?
Any game could be very demanding when you add the highest level of AA you fool (stalker, far cry 2, GTAIV) just that crysis looks so much better than all of those games and still very playable at max AA which those games AREN'T... so the game is ok. And 50fps is very playable, and remember this number could have been registered when the textures were loading in at the first runloop and thereby lowering the frames for a second, it will still show up as "min fps" but the average minimum framerate should be between 50 and 70 = 60... and there u have it.. avg min fps = 60 not 48.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfctony View Post
That's a sport. This isn't... With sports you can be entertained. But not with reading a bench result or watching the benchmark run... Unless people consider entertainment reading about the average frame rates of a game they'll most likely not play (not just run) ever again.

BTW, I also consider spending money on a car a waste... I own a Toyota, its cheap, reliable and it gets me from A to B. Same with computer parts. As long as it allows me to play the game properly (A to B)...
Sports is entertaining, watching a benchmark isn't, but being able to max out crysis with visuals not available without it can be entertaining too if you like the kind of games. Ofc he didn't bought those cards only to be able to do crysis benchmarks at highest settings... It's just a fair way of showing that it's possible.

With those cards, you could probably play crysis at 6000x4000 resolution which would mean if that res is supersampled to let's say 1920x1200 it would mean a serious jump in visual quality as the need for AA and AF is gone into oblivion and textures get nearly twice as sharp. That's entertaining for those who like nice graphics, so i have to disagree about your statement above! Guess the guy who made the vid likes realistic and mindblowing graphics, just as it seems.