View Single Post
Old 10-19-09, 06:52 PM   #9
Rakeesh

Default Re: Gamma correction in windows 7 (don't trust the built in test!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilk View Post
What LCD is it, if you don't mind me asking? My LCD has a crappy contrast ratio, so my blacks usually come out grey or even have the weird bleeding effect. I posted this issue in The Witcher topic a long time ago with screenshots about what I mean. If it's a fairly new LCD, the issue isn't as prominent as it used to be, but it can still happen.

I get what you're trying to say. There's a ton of similar issues with monitors both LCD and CRT. You can have the same exact model side-by-side, and the color output will be different in most cases.
It is a Westinghouse LVM-47W1. I've had this problem on every LCD monitor I've ever owned, so it could be just a matter of bias since everybody's oppinion of what is white and what isn't tends to be different. In general this monitor is very decent when it comes to accuracy (I've owned a few Dell, Samsung, and Sony monitors, and this one is by far the best I've had in terms of accuracy.)

This "monitor" is actually marketed more as a TV, but IMO it's much more of a monitor (for starters, it doesn't have a tuner of any kind) and it's a good one at that.
Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote