View Single Post
Old 10-20-09, 07:52 PM   #7
Bman212121

Default Re: Really getting sick of this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post
I've read several people getting over 400Mhz FSB on other G41 boards.

Read my post above. There's just some kind of wall on these things that stops them from getting over 343Mhz. I know, there are no guarantees in overclocking, but that doesn't make me any less pissed that this particular board is so far behind all others that I've used over the past 3 years. You're right that years ago on other platforms it was unheard of to get FSBs in the high 400s. But we're talking about a recent chipset on a board that's only been out a few months, on a platform that is well known for having huge overclocks, especially on Intel chipsets.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I don't know if I'll be able to live with myself knowing I built a gaming system with a kick ass video card, a nice cooler, 4Gb of ram and a 2.67Ghz dual core.
You can RMA the board. Actually re-reading what you said you meant on other non gigabyte G41 boards. So RMA'ing this model won't do you any good.

EDIT: I can understand your disappointment, but at least having a stable system running at stock speeds is better than having a flaky system that is overclocked. I don't usually OC anything that I'm going to give to someone just because if they have issues they wouldn't know how to take it back to stock, or mess with the overclock to figure out what's going on.

I don't think you're going to be noticing a huge difference in games anyway unless you have a pretty good video card. At 3.0ghz I haven't noticed anything that has been so limited by the cpu that it hampers my performance. It might have been nice to make the system a little quicker, but it's probably still light years ahead of what they had.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote