View Single Post
Old 10-20-09, 07:12 PM   #9
Bman212121

Default Re: Really getting sick of this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post
Yeah, and exchanging it for a different board is pretty much out of the question. ZZF has a 15% restocking fee, so after sending it back and buying another board I'd probably be out $50. That's a decent chunk of my profit.

After looking at some benchmarks to make me feel better I think I'm just going to leave it. He'll have a stable, solid system that will take a quad core if he ever wants to beef it up a bit. He almost bought an $850 system at wal-mart with a 1.8Ghz Phenom x4, 7Gb of ram and integrated HD3200 graphics at wal-mart so regardless of the relatively low clockspeed of the CPU he's getting an amazing deal on this system for around a grand. Heck I even made sure to get a Dell 22" 1080P screen so he'd have a 3 year warranty and I preordered Windows 7 for him.

EDIT: This system has a 4870 1Gb and is intended for gaming... that's the main reason I was so miffed about the lack of overclocking.
Other than WiC and FC2 everything else my 8800GTX SLI usually runs out of power before my quad does. Those cards together should be faster than that 4870.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote