View Single Post
Old 10-25-09, 09:00 AM   #26
Rollo

Default Re: End of the line for GTX 2xx series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
... Just like last gen when they were claiming 30-50% faster shaders? However, it turned out to be like 1%. Marketing speak(lies, I'd say), you should know it well.

Spare me the PR spin on the rest, because NV does the same thing... hell they probably taught it to ATI back in the day.

If Fermi comes out and its awesome with magical shaders that are twice as fast because they were re-designed by ninjas, I will buy it. I had a 8800 GTX for almost 2 years and a GTX 280 for 6 months after that, I buy whats good. Right now though, it seems to me NV is pissing on gamers for the sake of spreading into other markets.

Computer gaming is NVIDIA's bread and butter market- companies don't ignore what made them for the sake of diversification. In this case, the "magic shaders" that make Fermi a superior GPGPU solution for other markets also make it a superior gaming GPU.

Fermi is NVIDIA's next "8800GTX" and much more.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote