View Single Post
Old 10-25-09, 12:09 PM   #25
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Default Re: Windows 7 Application Compatibility Thread

Just got Win 7 Pro 64 bit. Moved from XP. I was prepared to lose some programs that I really liked but to my surprise, the ones I really thought I would lose are working fine.

Programs working I thought wouldn't:
RipIt4Me
DVD Decrypter
DVD Shrink

All my games that I had worked fine. I had all my games installed on E and D drive so I didn't lose them when clean installing Win 7. It turns out I only had to re-install 2 games out of about 50 that I had. The rest worked just by clicking on the game exe. I had Steam installed on D drive so it still worked fine and all games on Steam still work fine. A nice benefit of not having just one hard drive with everything installed on it.

I had Power DVD 7 Deluxe and heard here it doesn't work so I didn't bother trying to install it. I'll just use WMP 12 which is fine with me.

The one thing I did lose was my TV Tuner. Was kind of bummed about that. It was a Leadtek Winfast USB 2 tuner which was phased out by Leadtek a couple of years ago. Perfectly good tuner that is now worthless because of no 64 bit drivers. Not even sure it would have worked with Win 7 32 bit. I have to get me another TV tuner. My computer is in my own room I built in my garage so I did use the TV quite a bit while on the computer. I just ordered another one, Hauppage 1950 which is still USB 2 (what I preferred) and is certified to work on Win 7 64 bit.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote