View Single Post
Old 10-29-09, 09:44 AM   #12
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Default Re: Torchlight - A review from a Diablo 2 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody View Post
FINALLY! A REAL person with a brain!

Mizzer has the exact same feelings I do. That means my assumption is correct.

Diablo 2 is NOTHING like this. I repeat. NOTHING. And if you think "point click die" = Diablo 2, then you are a damn retard. Diablo 2 requires a great deal of strategy and planning throughout the entire game. There are many "copies" of Diablo 2. None that come close. They all add their own twist that ruins the game.
You sound like one of those Final Fantasy VII freaks to whom every other jrpg out there is crap compared to it. Diablo II is crap by today's standards and so is FF VII. Get with the times old man.

Quote:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Diablo 2 is the best game I've ever played. You can call me a "fan boy" of it all you want. I don't turn my nose up at games that "copy" diablo 2. Titan Quest was great fun. This game... This game isn't fun.
You're letting your feelings towards immature kids who play WoW 24/7 affect you opinion of this game. Or in other words you're getting old and nothing today is as good as it was back then.

Quote:
BadBoy. In two weeks, you won't be playing this game any more. I guarantee it. Diablo 2 is 10 ****ing years old. I still play it to this day. Thats the difference in a classic and a some $20 cheap junk game. 2 weeks... 10 years. If you think they are still the same, you have something wrong with your head.
Nobody has ever claimed that Torchlight would be as good as Diablo II, what people are saying is that the game is SIMILAR to it and thus very fun and worth the 15. If an updated version of Diablo II came out today for 15 it would be an easy choice, but this is not the case however.

Based of the gameplay-videos I've seen of Diablo III, I think you're gonna be severely disappointed with it.