View Single Post
Old 11-06-09, 05:15 PM   #10
Elvin Presler

Default Re: BAM! Spontaneous Shut Down

Hmmm...still getting the explorer hang/crash problem when I right click my D: drive. It's doing it right now at this moment. Going to just let it go for a while without interfering and see what it does. Maybe I can get something in Event Viewer that will clue me in.

Edit: Nope...total Windows Explorer lock up. Oddly if I ctrl+alt+del and get into task manager and use "switch to" back to Firefox, I can resume posting here, but with frozen start menu covering my screen. I'm trying to get a screen shot of that as I type this *snap-flash*, but can not open Photoshop to paste it in due to having a frozen start menu.

Edit: ...here's the screenshot. I had to end process on "Computer" and let explorer restart to continue. Then after that I can right click my D drive (second partition on single drive) and get a menu...the problem goes away. WTF? I can't imagine how I could have hosed it with my tweaks yet as there aren't many done. This is pretty close to a default install.

All I got out of Event Viewer was "Information" (not error) Winlogon: "The shell stopped unexpectedly and explorer.exe was restarted."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lockup.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	38632  
Elvin Presler is offline   Reply With Quote