View Single Post
Old 11-14-09, 06:31 PM   #10
StringCheesian

Default Re: Unable to install linux after insertion of xfx gts 250 512 mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurbajaj_9 View Post
i will try to find a machine to test it but cant be sure if i can get it

but if there would be any problem in hardware my xp vista or win 7 would have crashed or shown any sign

even open solaris live cd ran successfully but i didnt install it
You should mention your success with memtest86+ and open solaris in a new comment on your kernel bug, because it might change Andrew Morton's mind. Notice he said in comment #8 that he suspected broken hardware.

EDIT: in your bugzilla comment #9, did you mean to say that dream linux 2.2 live cd actually boots on your hardware as it is now? If so, what do you think made the difference for that one to work where so many other livecds failed? Did the other livecds (try looking them up) all have a newer or older kernel version in common or something?

EDIT #2: even if its bizarre, you should still rule out the possibility that you have a hardware problem that Windows, memtest, solaris, and that one livecd are somehow not triggering. You should still try your old hardware configuration or a replaced video card. It would strengthen your argument that it must be a kernel bug or it would identify a hardware problem. Either way, progress.
StringCheesian is offline   Reply With Quote