View Single Post
Old 10-11-03, 05:38 AM   #1
jaspin

Unhappy Monitor dies when I log on to Linux

I hope that someone out there can help me. I picked up my computer yesterday after having my disk partition and configured to dual boot Windows xp and Linux. In the shop it was working great however having go it home and reconnected to my monitor... I can boot into XP and the monitor works but when select Linux it dies (its as if the monitor isn't aware that linux is running)
I have an plug and play LG Flatron 782 LE monitor and nVidia GeForce Ti 4200 card, ASUS motherboard and AMD Atholon XP 2200 processor.
I have read just enough to be confused by this and was hoping it was a common problem that someone could advise me on pretty easily.

P.S. if the solution to this means entering something at the command line just note that I have tried, from the selection screen /dual boot screen to input c, but i end up at the grub command line and I don't know how to get to the linux command prompt from there.
Sorry if this is confusing but I am a novice at this (as I said I know enough to be really dangerous)

Thanks
jaspin
jaspin is offline   Reply With Quote