View Single Post
Old 11-16-09, 03:20 PM   #8
latterman

Default Re: ffodivxvdpau & packed bitstream problem

Thank you AaronP for your explanation.

Corruption in my language is a strong word, that is why i was so jumpy in my previous post.

As Stephen Warren wrote, this is a frame-dropping issue, none has mentioned anything about wrong colors or any kind of image distortion.

On the other hand, i recently bought a new card with NVIDIA VDPAU Feature Sets C, knowing that the deference with the Feature Sets B cards was the MPEG-4 Part 2 (a.k.a MPEG-4 ASP) hardware decoding, but as much as i have searched there was nowhere any information about the packed bitstream problem. So having that in my back of my head and also reading about that "corruption"... LOL

If i setup windows xp and use dxva, i will have the same dropping frame problem with packed bitstream videos? (I know this is a thread in linux subforum, but what i am actually asking is if this is a software problem regarding linux os or has to do with the hardware).

PS: English sometimes can be hard, i can say that for sure, but also some responses in English can be straight too, so thanks again for your explanation, keep up the good work and i am looking forward for your answers.
latterman is offline   Reply With Quote